There are two main effective methods of depression treatment: medical and non-medical.
Medical treatment is a method of depression treatment by means of antidepressants.
It is necessary to start antidepressants application in case of:
- severe depression;
- when the condition is accompanied by suicidal thoughts;
- the form is neglected or chronic;
- as part of an attack of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
- It is obvious that the lack of timely assistance can cost a person’s life.
When do I Need Medication for Depression?
It is difficult, sometimes, to carry out the medical treatment due to the fact that the patients themselves often have a negative attitude towards this type of treatment and tend to abandon it.
The role of the doctor and the patient’s surroundings is very important, which can prove the obvious need to treat depression with antidepressants, at least in order to reduce the severity of the symptoms.
Drugs for Depression Treatment
Antidepressants, which are divided into:
- SSRIs are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, the most commonly used drugs since they have minimum side effects;
- antidepressants of double action, used in severe forms of depressive disorders;
- MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase) – currently this group of antidepressants is practically not used;
- tri- and tetracyclic antidepressants – most “old” antidepressants having pronounced antidepressive and antianxiety effect but at the same with severe side effects.
- antipsychotics – mood stabilizing agents help level the patient’s emotional background;
We offer you the online pharmacy selling high-quality and low-cost antidepressants – https://healthcaremall4you.com/.
How to Properly Treat Depression with Medications?
- Antidepressants are sold only on the appointment of a psychiatrist;
- The dosage is determined individually, according to the patient’s psychophysiological characteristics, the symptomatology of the disease, the duration of its course and the severity of its manifestation;
- The effect on the body should be permanent. The constant examination of the drug in the blood is carried out;
- Prescription of antidepressants only according to indications. You cannot cope with bad mood with antidepressants. The need for their admission can only be determined by a doctor.
The medical treatment of depression is just one of the methods that applied in practice. The treatment of any mental disorder should be comprehensive. There is non-medical treatment as well.
Non-medical treatment is the most important component of the therapy. For the treatment of depression, the following methods are used:
- cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy – lectures, trainings, tasks, observations diary, control of your condition and well-being. With this therapy, a person learns to control his behavior and change it;
- art therapy. This includes drawing, modeling, music, film therapy. Such a method promotes coping the negative patient’s experience;
- body-oriented psychotherapy can treat depression by contact with the body;
- transactional analysis – description and analysis of human behavior;
- special breathing exercises;
- psychoanalysis. the analysis related to childhood, mental trauma is conducted;
- Existential-humanistic psychotherapy. The psychologist helps characterize his lifestyle, reveal the features of building relationships, change his behavior and way of life;
- gestalt therapy – based on the principles of focusing consciousness on reality;
- neuro-linguistic programming;
- psychological counseling;
There is a tendency to use herbs for depression treatment. For getting more information visit this website – https://mentalhealthfood.net